Space Mace LLC
Based in Minneapolis, MN
Release Date (TBD):
PC / Mac
Joggernauts is a cooperative auto-runner party game for 2-4 players where you try not to kill your friends. Take turns (probably failing) to lead your team through deceptively difficult color-coded platforming levels. Help the interstellar high school track and field team find all of their missing trophies. Yell colors at your friends. People who love Bit.Trip Runner, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Space Team, or even Bop It should be right at home in this tricky multiplayer game!
After a particularly rowdy all-night session of Bit.Trip Runner between friends, Joggernauts was born as a brutally difficult multiplayer auto-runner prototype with a switch-who-is-in-front mechanic. That original demo was tested by Zach Johnson in the Minneapolis, MN game development community. That's where Zach met artist Tommy Sunders and musician Robert Frost (no relation), and the three of them formed the company Space Mace to work together on Joggernauts and other games.
Our process has been about frequent public playtesting with an iterative approach to game design and level design made possible by the support of our awesome local community in Minneapolis.
- 2 to 4 player couch co-op local multiplayer
- Screaming and yelling colors at your friends
- Unique teleportation switch-to-front mechanic
- Color-coded tandem puzzles
- Arcade autorunner-style action platforming
- Deceptively difficult level designs (not procedural or endless)
- 100% completion challenges
- Unlockable characters
- Alien worlds
Switch! SWITCH! Swiiiiiiiiiiitch!!!! YouTube
Teaser Trailer YouTube
Events and Festivals Gameplay Footage YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Showcase Developer Selection" The MIX E3 Los Angeles, June 2017
- "Playdate Selection" Los Angeles Zine Fest, May 2017
- "Open Screens Selection" A Maze. / Berlin, April 2017
- "Best Indie Game" 2D Con, June 2016
- "Best Musical Score" 2D Con, June 2016
- "IndieXChange Spotlight Selection" IndieCade, October 2015
- "MinneCade Official Selection" GlitchCon, May 2017
- "PixelPop Festival Selection" PixelPop, October 2016
- "Indie Island Official Selection" 2D Con, June 2016
- "MinneCade Audience Choice Honorable Mention" GlitchCon, April 2016
- "MinneCade Official Selection" GlitchCon, April 2016
- "Mega Minne Multi Indie Mini Arcade Selection" MinneBar, April 2016
- "Playful Sounds Official Selection" Minnesota Orchestra, March 2016
- "IndieXChange Gametasting Selection" IndieCade, October 2015
- "Indie Island Official Selection" 2D Con, May 2015
- "... we all started to scream out colors ..."
– The Best Indie Games of E3 2017, Game Informer
- "Joggernauts is a group co-op riot, but be warned ..."
– E3 2017's brightest indie games, Ars Technica
Festivals and Events Photos
About Space Mace
Space Mace is a Minneapolis-based independent game studio that believes games should be played with friends on the couch instead of alone on the toilet.
Request Press Copy
Send us a quick email!
Design / Code / Donut Eating
Design / Art / Mohawk Owning
Robert Frost III
Music / Sound Design / Community Duder