Based in Minneapolis, MN
Release Date (TBD):
Joggernauts on Steam
Joggernauts is a cooperative auto-runner party game for 1-4 players where you try NOT to kill your friends. Take turns switching places to match colors in deceptively difficult platforming levels. Can your team of alien athletes find all of their missing trophies? People who love Bit.Trip Runner, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Space Team, or even Bop It should be right at home in this tricky multiplayer game. Yell colors at your friends and family!
After two best friends played a particularly rowdy all-day session of Bit.Trip Runner, Joggernauts was born as a brutally difficult multiplayer auto-runner prototype with a switch-who-is-in-front mechanic. That original demo was tested by Zach Johnson in the Minneapolis, MN game development community. That's where Zach met artist Tommy Sunders and musician Robert Frost (no relation). The team of three formed the company Space Mace, started touring festivals, and ultimately landed a publishing deal.
Our process has been about frequent public playtesting with an iterative approach to game design and level design made possible by the support of our awesome local community in Minneapolis.
- 2 to 4 player couch co-op party game
- Single player game with unique two-color coordination
- Shouting colors at your friends and family
- Approachable autorunner platforming controls
- Finally, a multiplayer game where you try NOT to kill your friends
- Unique switch-to-front teleportation mechanic
- Color-coded cooperative puzzles
- Arcade-style action
- Deceptively difficult level designs (not procedural or endless)
- 100% completion challenges
- Unlockable characters
- Alien worlds
Nintendo Switch Announcement YouTube
Teaser 2 and Graffiti Games Publisher Announcement YouTube
Switch! SWITCH! Swiiiiiiiiiiitch!!!! YouTube
Teaser Trailer YouTube
Events and Festivals Gameplay Footage YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Official Selection" The MIX GDC San Francisco, March 2018
- "Indie Videogame Showcase Selection" MAGFest, January 2018
- "Play this game=Lose a friend" SQUEEZIE, YouTube, October 2017
- "PAX Week Best of the Mix" Guest's Top Pick, The MIX Seattle, August 2017
- "Showcase Developer Selection" The MIX PAX West Seattle, August 2017
- "Official Selection" Bit Bash Chicago, August 2017
- "Showcase Developer Selection" The MIX E3 Los Angeles, June 2017
- "Playdate Selection" Los Angeles Zine Fest, May 2017
- "Open Screens Selection" A Maze. / Berlin, April 2017
- "Best Indie Game" 2D Con, June 2016
- "Best Musical Score" 2D Con, June 2016
- "IndieXChange Spotlight Selection" IndieCade, October 2015
And many more:
- "Indie Island Official Selection" 2D Con, August 2017
- "MinneCade Official Selection" GlitchCon, May 2017
- "Mega Minne Multi Indie Mini Arcade 2 Selection" MinneBar, March 2017
- "PixelPop Festival Selection" PixelPop, October 2016
- "Indie Island Official Selection" 2D Con, June 2016
- "MinneCade Audience Choice Honorable Mention" GlitchCon, April 2016
- "MinneCade Official Selection" GlitchCon, April 2016
- "Mega Minne Multi Indie Mini Arcade Selection" MinneBar, April 2016
- "Playful Sounds Official Selection" Minnesota Orchestra, March 2016
- "IndieXChange Gametasting Selection" IndieCade, October 2015
- "Indie Island Official Selection" 2D Con, May 2015
- "... an early look at this festival favorite."
– Juegos Rancheros Presents: Joggernauts & More!, Juegos Rancheros
- "... a conga line gone crazy ..."
– Joggernauts - First Impressions, Kimchica Plays
- "... hilarious and, most importantly, pure fun ..."
– Top 10 Games at PAX West 2017, TechRaptor
- "Don't let the cute, aesthetically pleasing graphics fool you; [Space Mace] has created a game that's as fun as it is difficult."
– 9 Indie Games We Loved at Bit Bash, Threadless
- "... we all started to scream out colors ..."
– The Best Indie Games of E3 2017, Game Informer
- "Joggernauts is a group co-op riot, but be warned ..."
– E3 2017's brightest indie games, Ars Technica
Festivals and Events Photos
About Space Mace
Space Mace is a Minneapolis-based independent game studio that believes games should be played with friends on the couch instead of alone on the toilet.
Request Press Copy
Send us a quick email!
Design / Code / Donut Eating
Design / Art / Mohawk Owning
Robert Frost III
Music / Sound Design / Community Duder